Boz's Blog of Rabbits, Rodents, & Animal Nonsense

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When are you going to be in Milwaukee? I'm about 20 minutes from there. :D Was it this weekend (like, tomorrow) or the next one? Let me know! :D I'd consider any of them, but I do have a soft spot for REW's. Odd, no? :p

Okay plans changed!! ha! I think I'm going down this Friday now. If that doesn't work then next Saturday (30th).

Ohh the REW are fun. :)
You would get a kick out of Monkey!!! She's a REW, the sweetest thing ever and totally physically fit! She is literally like a little monkey! all over the place! She's part of the quad.

I don't know how many you wanted to take or have room for. But seriously you would just love the quad. Two of them
(the opals) run on top of a slanted box as their "wheel". Monkey is a monkey and Fizz is calm and sweet.

Of course I can break the quad apart into two pairs too. That would be okay. :)

Otherwise there's the REW pair!

I got to get photos for you!

EDIT: oops sorry forgot to add! I don't know for sure where I am going yet. ha!

Oh wow, where have I been! I haven't updated my blog in forever!

Thanks for asking, Dave.

Right now my animal population is at a low. I managed to rehome a few more of the hamsters I had and the ones I kept, the last one passed a few weeks ago. :( So now I'm hamsterless.

And to add to the sadness, my gerbil Gimli (picture above) sadly passed last month. :( No idea what happened. He was alive the night before with no apparent problems. He was eating! The next day I found. He looked like he passed in his sleep. RIP Gimli :(

On a happier note I adopted a gerbil last month! More info on him to come...

I also got another rodent. A mouse! I didn't intend to become a mouse owner but a friend of mine had one and couldn't keep her anymore so now I have her! More on her to come as well...

All the buns are doing good. I recently redid Marley's pen (actually still finishing it up) and I plan to get photos up soon! To be continued! hehe

Meet my mouse! Her name is Fish. It's a long story as to why I gave her that name. :p I actually thought it was kinda cute.

This is her cage. It's a bin cage that I made. The water bottle is attached to the lid. I had her in a cage with a wheel but she never used the wheel. Actually now that I moved her to this bin cage she doesn't seem so freaked out by me anymore. I know it looks small but it actually is like 5 inches deep and about the same floor space as a 10 gal tank.
201102180001.jpg

201102180002.jpg

201102180004.jpg

201102180003.jpg

:biggrin:

Hehe well it's not too long! My friend had her at college, but the mouse wasn't staying in her dorm. She was skyping with me and our other friend and trying to tell us about it without saying "mouse" because she didn't want her roommate to know she had one. So she called it a fish. So now I call her Fish! :biggrin2:

So now for some photos of Marley new pet set up! I've added a few more toys since these photos. :)

201102180010.jpg

201102180011.jpg

201102180007.jpg

Her new hay rack:
201102180017.jpg

201102180015.jpg

Marley is a lucky bunner! Nice setup :biggrin2:I might have to steal that bin idea for Maybelle who has the shed to herself... I hadn't thought of it. Marley doesn't chew it? May is a chewer :expressionlessHehehe I loved reading about Fish. So cute. Did the roomate fear mice? Hehehe. Thank you for sharing!

Marley is not much of a chewer at all so she doesn't! If she was I would have used different wood. Those were old shelves that were getting moved around in the basement so I thought I'd put them to good use!

If you want some better photos so you can see how I made it let me know, I can get you some! :)

Not sure if her roommate did or not. She might have thought it was gross or something. Don't know!

So I recently fell in love with a guinea pig. Oh boy.
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=63889&forum_id=5

1606b0f3-1.jpg

Look how cute she is!!!!

I'm not adopting her, unfortunetly, but I took her (and a rabbit) to a mobile adoption on saturday. It was a great day for me!! Someone took an application for the rabbit and she seemed like an awesome home! They had to think about it but it seemed very promising. :)

And the guinea pig, a family took an app for her! They already have one and they love him! And the whole family was there and agreed they loved her. They were telling me stories about their current boy and they seem like a perfect family for this little girl. They fell in love with her! They know they can't keep them together so no worries on breeding. They even brought up "can you neuter guinea pigs?" which actually I am not sure about. :p

I hope both these girls (rabbit and piggy) get adopted. :)

Thank you for offering help :biggrin2:I mentionned it to Jeff and we will look into it when we get the yard done and all and see what space becomes available. It wouldn't work in the shed right now but maybe in the near future. :)It's definitely something I am keeping in mind.

The piggie is just adorable. I wouldn't have been able to resist. Hehehe. Well okay, I could but only because I really have to :pGuinea pigs are great pets. They are different from rabbits, both bringing in various joys. :biggrin:I hope she gets adopted :)Oh, they can be neutered but you really really have to have a proper vet as it is even less common than rabbit spays and neuters. :)

No problem! :)

And that's what I said. I mentioned the vet that could probably do it in our area (they are great with rabbits and small pets) and said if they were serious to call and talk to them.

I nearly died from cuteness when she squeaked! It's so cute!! I think I'm going to be getting a guinea pig down the line. Just not for a while! lol

Bre, what a great blog.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEyour Bunnies. :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

They are the cutest. You take great pictures.

I can hardly wait to see more pictures of them.:weee::pinkbouce::whistling:wiggle:waiting::ponder:

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back