Boyfriend is getting irritated with bunny..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are getting a lot of good advice. Here is one more.

From a male point of view:

It does seem as though your BF has the issue. It would be a mistake to think that the rabbit is not being trained well or fast enough.

Furthermore, once the issue has been addressed (the defecation location) he (the BF) will find something else to dislike. And if he looks hard enough he will find it.

So perhaps looking at the situation from a third person view may help.
He now has more chores.
He now has less attention.
He now has crap behind his chair (assuming he claims it).
He now has more dirt around him.
He now has an animal with limited reciprocal affection (in some people's minds).

And so on....
This situation may have been "forced" upon him. Maybe the best way to get what you want would to get him involved. The more he is involved, the more accomplishment he will feel, and find that he has a place, other than stable boy.
Ask him for his ideas on solutions to problems.
Give him praise for things he comes up with....even though they are dull. (lol)
If he is handy, ask him what he thinks would be the best way to build something, and then ask for him if he would build it. Then again repeat the praise.
If you train dogs, you will be getting the picture by now ;).

I can relate to some degree. Autumn is infatuated with rabbits. And me.....well....I honestly think they are cute, and think they are very independent as far as affection is concerned, and shed....a lot.

Don't get me wrong, I have a bond with Slatey that is envied (we study together), its more of the fact that she is "more" of a bunny person than I can be. Some people love dogs, some cats, and etc. It really comes down to this, if he is not willing to become involved, stands his ground and does not wish to compromise then this is an indication that he may not be BF material, or in the very least, know what it is to be in a relationship.

Autumn and I have our disagreements, this is true, but she usually finds ways to get me involved. I like photography, well just so happens she wants pics of rabbits. In the end, I guess what I am trying to say is that try to mesh your likes so you can both be enjoying the event. But it does take two.

Good luck

oh man....lost my connection and my reply went poof BUT!

I think some people have pointed out some issues that extend from just a pet...personally I think you should take a look at all of it. Look down the road, check out what forever may have, what you may want, need and hope for. Do not settle, or give in when you feel strongly enough about something...
Who wants to end a relationship? Any sort of one? Not anyone I have ever met...ok well no thats no true, I wanted it over with my x husband but thats a whole story :)
Still some things are easier said than done and you are in a tight spot....
I think the attention factor really does play a part in all this...and things strike me from what little you have mentioned that no matter how great you did with A,...he will bring up how you didnt do B...THAT is a lose lose...Careful falling down that hole...it gets hard to climb out of....

I wish you the best and hope peace finds it way into your home.

Random funny thought...least I think it is funny...

Failing ALL else...you could simply remind him that as a male, he once had to be "trained" as well, and even that took time!!! LMAO....yeah if you didnt know, you can tell now I am a MOM!!! HA

Seriously though, best wishes...and do try to find the humor in life...it is the life raft....

Latest posts

Back