Boy or Girl?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriendOfTheBunnies

Reaction score
Ok guys, I know this is a common problem, but Ihave yet to uncover the answer... How can you tell the differencebetween boy and girl bunnies? ONce Babs has her kits and theyget a little bigger, I'd like to prevent anyinbreedingthrough gender seperation or spaying the females. Anyone knowhow to tell? :?Thanks!

The site listed in the second post is thebest. We learned how to do it from that site.Printed it all off and used to take the pictures out with us to comparewhat we were seeing with what was pictured. It is easiest todo it between 3 and 4 weeks old. An easy comparison is theboys look like the end of a trumpet and the girls have thatslit. It takes practice, and even some of us old hands makemistakes. I have two 2 1/2 month old bucks that I have beencalling my girls all this time. Found out last Monday, we hadmis-sexed them. Good Luck! Donna

DaisyNBuster wrote:
Well this is a common problem - I've just done a search onthe net about sexing rabbits and the following site came up. Hope ithelpshttp://www.debmark.com/rabbits/sexing.htm
Thanks so much for putting up this link. It really has helpedme in verifying the sex of my bunny. I assumed I had a girlfrom what the pet store said but they told me that they couldn't be100% definate so I now know, I have a girl!!!!:D Thanksagain!!

Latest posts

Back