Box Springs and Thrones

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyButter

Reaction score
(1) Butter has recently found a hole in the material underneath the box spring of my bed and she has taken that as an open invitation to crawl around in said box springs. As one can imagine, this is making me nervous. Has anyone else dealt with this before? I'm just going to get new material to block those holes off, as she runs under and around my bed for exercise, but does anyone else have any other ideas? It would be much appreciated!

(2) Do rabbits like to have a perch or "throne" from which to rule? Butter has been tipping her little hidey hole over to climb on top of it. It only raises her another two inches. Too be honest, I think she is bored, but I really don't want her running around until I fix problem (1) as there are things in my box springs I do not want her to consume.

P.S. It's time to get her spayed. Won't be for a few more months yet (as for the affording it thing). But man, I am ready to get her altered.

Can you block off your bed with NIC grids or something?

My buns both have a couple cardboard boxes they can jump on and hang out. They seem to like it.

I tried blocking my bed off, and she protested. She tried to kick over the gate that blcoked it and dug at the boxes I moved. She was not a happy camper... I may have to do that again, and she'll have to deal with it.

Rex and bunny enjoy the cardboard box, tday i filled the base of the box with hay which they are not interested to eat..to our surprise they r just enjoying it....laying like a queen :biggrin:

Gary loves to climb to the highest spot he can. Perhaps to survey his kingdom? Cinderella also enjoys being up high. Becky hates it and will not even jump up on the bed. Houdini is somewhere in the middle.

I think it really depends on the rabbit's personality. One of the things I noticed first about Gary when we got him was how fearless he was.

As for not liking the bed being blocked, of course not. It's great fun being naughty. Gary also loves to rattle the bars keeping him in the bedroom. He has an entire room, so it's not like he needs out to stretch, he just wants to. He likes to run upstairs to torment Houdini.

I used to watch a cat that always ran and hid inside the box spring. He loved it. My main worry about it would be accidents-the cat I watched got scared, ran and hid in the box spring and then I saw a puddle as he freaked while up there. Check for accidents. ;)

Well, I blocked the biggest hole with those slide under the bed storage bins. So far, that's worked. She hasn't really dug at them either. Then again, she is also wandering around my entire apartment, and doesn't need to sprint in her little space now.

Just wanted to say that we ended up patching the holes in the box spring. She now shoes interest in an empty laptop box I store under my bed. That has stoppec her.

Back