Bouncing belly video!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neejchee

Reaction score
Well, my beautiful little tart is definitely pregnant! I rudely had her husband neutered, so she snuck out at night and found herself a sperm donor! Check out this bouncing!

If you click on the picture it SHOULD take you to the video. If not, please let me know and I'll try to fix it. :)

I saw it! You have to look right above her right knee toward the end of the video you see bouncing movement. Very cool! They are coming soon!

Haha, your bunny has the craziest "how I got knocked up" story I've ever read on this forum :p

Hope everything goes well with delivery and the kits when they arrive :)

Yup. She's a total tart. When Sammy was first desexed she used to chase him around and hump him, then quickly get off and turn around like she was telling him "this is how you do it, remember? Now your turn!" so I guess it shouldn't surprise me that when he couldn't give her babies she took matters into her own hands and found a donor!

Awwww, little tiny babies!! I'm so excited to see what they'll look like! :p

Any idea on plans for them? Going to keep them around, or look for new homes?

I haven't really had much time to make plans. It was only a few days ago that I even considered it a distinct possibility, and only today that I became sure, so I don't really know how many kits to expect or if they'll even survive or anything. Dr Google seems to suggest that first pregnancies are often all still births? My best friend is super excited though because she has already laid claim tothe lightest coloured kit if they live, and my sister's best friend had a house bunny who passed away about a year ago, so she said today that if we have them she'd love one. I could keep maybe one or two if they get along with their mum and step-dad, but if there's more than 4 I'll have to start looking for good homes!

I wouldn't believe the first litter often dies myth. All but one of my 12 does have been first time mom's. Not one had StI'll births and I never lost any kits except the runts. I'm guessing that they will be fine.

The first litter dying does happen but not as often as you would think. Our problem with first time litters, if we have a problem, usually results in death if the kits aren't born in the nestbox or they get trampled by mom. There may be one stillborn but not usually the whole litter, unless the doe has birthing problems.

Thanks, that's good to know. Another thing I read is that you should reduce their food to half what they normally have for the 2 days before they're due. Is that true? She loves her food, it's what she lives for!

Have you put in a nest box yet? And is she building a nest? Usually if you can see them moving like that it means they are coming soon.
I've never heard of cutting food back a few days before, I don't think you should cut back. I also think its a myth that does usually lose the first litter. I think maybe some of the really small dwarf breeds have problems with their first litter but most rabbits don't.

Here is a good website to read to get information on how to prepare, when to put the nest box in etc...

What to Expect When your Doe is Expecting

What to Expect the First Month

Should You Touch a Baby Rabbit?

Has My Doe Fed Her Kits?

Overdue Does & Retained Kits

What is a Peanut?​

Back