Bottom of cage/area question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeAndB44

Reaction score
I'm planning on using Step 2 Children's play mats for the bottom of Beatrice's cage that I'm making. They're water resistant and easy on bunny feet I'm guessing.

I was wondering what everyone thought about them as rabbit footing. She isn't litter box trained so I don't want to put down blankets just yet. Though when she is litter box trained I was thinking about putting blankets over the tiles.

Here's a link to some product info:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2603666&findingMethod=rr

As long as she doesn't start digging or chewing at them, those sound like a good idea. Ingesting that stuff would be bad, but as long as she is a pretty relaxed bunny as far as that goes, I'd say go for it.

As she becomes trained, I'd suggest carpet squares or a skid-resistant rug instead of blankets. A blanket or towel can easily slide on a slippery floor, which could make it difficult for her to move around. You can sometimes get carpet squares at your local Dollar Store or Ollies (if you have those in LA). If not, you could even ask a carpet store whether you can buy their scraps. Some would just give them to you, others will sell at a discounted price. :)

I agree^^^.

Alternately, you could just leave the spongy Play 2 mats, and throw down a few fleece blankets for her to roll about in.

Those mats you've got are really great, litter-trained or not.,

Latest posts

Back