Botanical Hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy27

Task Force
Reaction score
I always buy my timothy hay from Kleenmama's and then buy different types of hay from the pet store like orchard or meadow hay. Today when I was looking at the different types of hay I saw botanical hay. When I read the back, it is just western timothy with herbs in it. I thought my rabbits may like it but because they have never had herbs, do you think it could possibly upset their GI tract? Or is that more veggies you have to be careful with if you have never feed them before. Also, because it has herbs in it, is it more of a treat hay? Or can you feed it unlimited like any other hay?

Sorry, this is probably a stupid question but I have never feed herbs before and when I saw that it was timothy hay and herbs, I was a little afraid to get it because I don't know anything about feeding herbs.

Thanks

Amy

I doubt it would upset their stomachs, it's not in a really high amount.

You can certainly free feed it - it's not nutritionally something that should be restricted for use as a treat, but in terms of price it might be.

Thanks Christine. They will still get their regular Kleenmama's timothy hay. So price wise, I would only buy one bag here or there. I think I will have to go buy a bag. I really think Little Bunny will love it. She is my big hay eater.

Latest posts

Back