Books

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyandme

Reaction score
Are any of you as crazy about reading as I am? Iseriously think it has become an addiction...lol I read any book I canget my hands on. My personal library is full of books I've read a least2x a peice. I've even created a list of books I want to read ina textdocument, and its about a mile long!

My fiance' and I are going on a trip that will take 15 or more hours(not taking bunny btw), and I've been looking online for cheap books toorder before I leave. I will definatly need something to read.

What kinds of books to you read? Any suggestions on what booK I could buy or get at the library for my trip?

I read anything and everything. Thebooks I took on a recent trip included a mystery novel, a Stephen Kingnovel, and books on algebra, philosophy and genetics.

We spend a lot of time at the library and leave with arm loads of books ;)

Pam

Right now I'm into mommy books. I readPregnancy Sucks, What to Expect When You're Expecting and now I amreading 7 Myths of Working Mothers. I'm not reallyone for fiction books.

I loooove reading. Two of the bestbooks I've read recently are:

"The Time Traveller's Wife"

"The Alchemist"

I love all Pat Conroy novels if you have never read those...

jordiwes wrote:
I loooove reading. Two of the bestbooks I've read recently are:

"The Time Traveller's Wife"

"The Alchemist"

I love all Pat Conroy novels if you have never read those...
Someone at work just recomended that I read the "Time Traveler'sWife." How was it?? I just got donereading "The Da Vinci Code" not to long ago and now I am reading"Digital Fortress," both by Daniel Brown.

A couple of my ALL TIME ABSOLUTE FAVORITE TO DIE FOR BOOKS ARE:

1. Sole Survivor - Dean Koontz
2. Intensity- Dean Koontz

Lissa wrote:
Right now I'm into mommy books. I read Pregnancystinks, What to Expect When You're Expecting and now I am reading 7Myths of Working Mothers. I'm not really one forfiction books.
That's supposed to be Pregnancy S*cks. I think we have some language censors on the forum. :wink:

I'm a huge geek. I read all the time,and a lot of what I read is fantasy or sci-fi. I do read somemore "normal" fiction, but I don't like romances, typical mysteries, ormuch else that's really popular so I have a hard time finding stuff Ilike in regular fiction. I also like to read books on otherreligions/mythologies and collections of tales from different cultures.

I am on the 12th book out of 14 in the entireseries. The writers are Kathleen O'Neal Gear and W. MichealGear. All the titles start with People of the______. (Wolf, Fire, Earth, River, Sea, Lakes, Lightning,Silence, Mist, Masks, Owl, Raven, Moon and Weeping Eye are not outyet) Right now I am on People of the Raven. Theyare in a way (for me anyway), historical fiction. The firstone started with Native Americans crossing the Bering Strait landbridge and coming down to North America. The writers arearcheaologists, they have worked for the Government and all sorts ofthings.

When I am reading their books, I feel like I am there, watchingeverything happen. Unfortunatly, with the 3 kids, I find ithard to read as much as I would like.

There was another series (I kinda got stuck on the whole series thing)I that I read a while ago. They also had to do with theNative Americans coming over on the Bering land bridge. Thesewere written by William Sarabande. I think he has not writtenanything in a number of years.

naturestee wrote:
I'm a huge geek. I read all the time, and a lot ofwhat I read is fantasy or sci-fi. I do read some more"normal" fiction, but I don't like romances, typical mysteries, or muchelse that's really popular so I have a hard time finding stuff I likein regular fiction. I also like to read books on otherreligions/mythologies and collections of tales from different cultures.
You would LOVE "Sole Survivor" by Dean Koontz

Lately I've been reading books that are"suplimental reading" books for training I'm doing at work. I've read"Leadership 101" by John Maxwell, "Dropping the PinkElephant: 15 Ways to say what you mean" by bill McFarlan. And soon I'llread " Who moved my Cheese?" and "How full is your bucket?"

So far the books I've read have been really inspirational. The pinkelephant book is good to help improve your communication skills andstill beable to speak your mind.

yay books! I'm kind of ageek,sorry:)lol, well, some of my favorites areEragon (their making a movie of it sometime soon), Eldest, The Da VinciCode, The Da Vinci Legacy, Elvis Jesus and Coca Cola is weird but good,Harry Potters ok, East of Eden is my altime favorite, Pride &Prejudice, Please Stop Laughing at Me, ummm...yeah, that's everything Ican think of right at this moment :) Sorry if thats not thekind of thing your looking for. I'm 15 and summer is herefinally, so now I can finally finish the books I started a while agobefore I was forced to read something for school :bunnydance:

~*Caitlin*~

I loved all of dan browns books, and deankoontz is my fav. I loved False Memory , The Face and his Frankensteinseries..cant wait for the next one!!!

ilovetegocalderonwrote:
Someone at work just recomended that Iread the "Time Traveler's Wife." How was it??I just got done reading "The Da Vinci Code" not to long agoand now I am reading "Digital Fortress," both by Daniel Brown.

A couple of my ALL TIME ABSOLUTE FAVORITE TO DIE FOR BOOKS ARE:

1. Sole Survivor - Dean Koontz
2. Intensity- Dean Koontz

I've never been a Koontz fan. I justcouldn't get in to his books. I absolutely adore C.J.Cherryh. I've read tons of her books and she's rarelydisappointed me. Ursula K. LeGuin is another goodone. From other authors, the Wheel of Time and Game ofThrones series are fantastic! And I keep intending to rereadthe Narnia books and Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pernseries.

And of course I love Tolkien.;)

Hey Bunnyandme- any chance you like Lord of the Rings or TheHobbit? The BBC had them broadcast over the radio, and youcan buy tapes/cd's of them. They're really good.That's what we listen to on long car rides. They're not bookson tape, they're radio performances.

Currently reading John Irving's "The WorldAccording to Garp." I've also read "The Cider House Rules" by him.Roald Dahl is my all-time favorite author.

ScoobyDoo wrote:
yay books! I'm kind of ageek,sorry:)lol, well, some of my favorites areEragon (their making a movie of it sometime soon), Eldest, The Da VinciCode, The Da Vinci Legacy, Elvis Jesus and Coca Cola is weird but good,Harry Potters ok, East of Eden is my altime favorite, Pride &Prejudice, Please Stop Laughing at Me, ummm...yeah, that's everything Ican think of right at this moment :) Sorry if thats not thekind of thing your looking for. I'm 15 and summer is herefinally, so now I can finally finish the books I started a while agobefore I was forced to read something for school :bunnydance:

~*Caitlin*~
"Elvis, Jesus, and Coca Cola" is in an interesting title. What is it about?

Latest posts

Back