Book suggestions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnychild

Julia
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Awhile back I read the book "Watership Down" and it's now my favorite book ever! But I am looking to find a book like that so any suggestions?

You could then go on to read "Tales From Watership Down" :) A collection of short stories about El-ahrairah and Hazel-rah's rabbits etc.

There is a book on hares called "Frost Dancers" by Gary Kilworth, he has also written many other novels from the animal point of view including The House of Tribes (mice), The Foxes of Firstdark/Hunter's Moon (Foxes), Midnight's Sun (wolves), and the Thunder Oak series which is about weasels. His books tend to be a littler shorter, but they're decently written. Another obvious choice is the series The Animals of Farthing Wood by Colin Dann, he also wrote the City Cats series too. Then there's Firebringer by David Clement-Davies (deer), Sunwing series by Kenneth Oppel (bats, a good series), The Lost Domain by Martin Hocke (owls, I quite enjoyed this one). For cat series there's also Tailchaser's Song by Tad Williams, The Warriers series by Erin Hunter, The Wild Road and The Golden Cat by Gabriel King, Ratha's Creature (The Names Series) by Clare Bell.

For dogs/wolves, there's also The Wolves of Time (two book series) by William Horwood he also wrote the Duncton Chronicles about Moles. The Sight is by David Clement-Davies. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein is set in the human world, but told from the point of view of a dog, a fantastic book. The Dog On It books by Spencer Quinn are the same and also fantastic books.

I could go on about Dragons, gryphons, horses, weasles, dinosaurs etc, but I think I've said enough for now, lol. Also, before you think I'm crazy, I actually have a list saved on my computer of all these books from when I tried looking up similar books myself :)

Coming right up :D

There are sooo many Dragon books its ridiculous, but here's just a few that I've really liked or read.

Dragon-only universe:
Dragoncharm by Graham Edwards, followed up by Dragonstorm and Dragonflame (loved these books when I was in high school, it's been a while since I've read them now, but have read them multiple times)

Human and Dragon universes:
"The Last Dragonlord" by Joanne Bertin (one of my absolute faves) followed up by "Dragon and Phoenix", and "Bard's Oath" (which I've just ordered from amazon, can't wait)
Elvenbane by Andre Norton and Mercedes Lackley (I remember really liking this though have only read it once), followed up by Elvenblood, then Elvenborn
The Eragon series by Christopher Paolini, I wasn't too much of a fan and only read the first book, but I think there's about five.
Then there's The Ultimate Dragon, which is only a series of short stories, but one of those is a back-story about two Character's from Joanne Bertin's Last Dragonlord. So if you read those and like them, it's worth digging up the book to read that short story.
There's also The Dragonriders of Pern, by Anne McCaffrey, which I'm lead to believe is a huge series of books, though I've never actually read any of them.

Back