Bonding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plymothian_Sophie

Reaction score
Hi! I have recently picked up more hours at work so now I don't have as much time to spend with Truffles on a one to one basis :(
She was an indoor bunny with free roam but now I work more hours, I'm going to be putting her outside as she can't roam the house unattended. So because of this, I want her to have someone to play with outside seeing as I can't spend as much time with her as I used to (I used to spend 5 days a week with her all day, and then 4/5 hours on the other two - now I can only spend maybe 3 whole days a week with her if we're lucky, so I'm currently paying someone to sit in with her on the other days where I am working )
I would like some advice on the best breed of rabbit to get as company and some advice on bonding them both together, can they share the same living/sleeping area too?
Any advice is greatly welcomed!

Question, why can't you attach an Xpen to her cage? I do that when I work outside the home and let my 2 buns roam, not together that is. I mean You could set her up in a room, living room ,etc connect the Xpen to her cage, make certain it's secure and she can still 'roam' but not all over creation and still get exercise. One of my rabbits is 10 going on 11 pounds and certainly cannot fit inside a cage. I do that for her and she is happy as a clam. That might be a good idea for Truffles.. just a thought..

However Truffles looks like a cute lop! Have you thought about another lop?

Vanessa

Is Truffles spayed? She would need to be spayed before attempting to bond her with another bun. Then you can really choose any other breed provided that bun is also fixed.

I also used to use an x-pen wrapped around an area with my my bunnies cage. I would use this when I wasn't home to watch them. This may be a much simpler solution.

She isn't currently, she is booked in for next month though! :)
She used to have free roam of the house as the room she's in is the bedroom and there's not enough room for an x-pen to fit in, I already looked into that, but unfortunately it doesn't fit in the room :(
Also she can jump out of them too :(

It's a shame about the x-pen, you could get something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0064OEJGM/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

It has a roof, you can set it up in a different room and it folds together so you can move it out of the way easily. I suppose that's a fair bit of faffing that I'm sure you wouldn't want to do every day but I thought I would post it just in case.

If you're looking for another bun you should check out adopting one! I have a cheeky look on the websites from time to time and there are so many cuties I want to adopt! Plus move shelters have a bonding program where they help you bond the rabbits and the buns in there are already neutered so you save some expense there!

Can't wait to see pictures!

All my best,
Selina
:brownbunny

Last edited by a moderator:
She isn't currently, she is booked in for next month though! :)
She used to have free roam of the house as the room she's in is the bedroom and there's not enough room for an x-pen to fit in, I already looked into that, but unfortunately it doesn't fit in the room :(
Also she can jump out of them too :(

Can she just be confined to that bedroom then when you are gone?

As for getting a second bunny, I'd suggest waiting a couple months post surgery. Then you can have her bunny date at some local rabbit rescue. This way she can choose a potential bondmate. The rescues will typically work with you to ensure you end up with a bond-able bunny.

Latest posts

Back