Bonding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missmerlin2010

Reaction score
Hello everybunny! I had a bonding question... I had never thought about bond Houdini & Panda (I don't know why.. Just never thought of it I guess) and yesterday it was really hot out, so I brought both of them in their seprate carriers into the laundry room (Only room the cats aren't allowed in.) and let them both out. Now, I have had them both out in the bathroom before (Cats can be kicked out and doors shut) but me and my friends have always made a human barrier through the middle, just in case. But yesterday I let both of them out at the same time, and they seemed to really like each other. Houdini was binkying, and panda was running around and then once in a while they would stop and lay down by each other. When it was time for them to go back outside, before I put them in the carriers, Houdini was grooming panda's face! It was ADORABLE! So, I guess my question is, have they "bonded" without me intentionally trying? Most people make it sound really hard to bond rabbits, so I am confused! Any responses are appreciated!
Thanks!!!!!
-Merlin :biggrin2:

(Their cages have been in the same room since I got panda, and in the new cage I made them they are directly next to each other, and like to sniff each other through the wire, and try to get into each other's cage. Houdini is neutered, so I don't know if that helps.)

I wouldn't call them "bonded" yet, since it wouldn't be safe to put them in the same cage based on just one meeting. However, it sounds like they have a very good chance! I would keep doing sessions like the one you did and make them longer and longer. At some point you will probably feel comfortable moving them in together permanently. Some bunnies just get along right from the start while others have a tougher relationship.

How old is Panda? Do you plan to get him fixed? If he's very young they could be getting along because of that and you need to watch for aggressiveness due to hormones later.

Latest posts

Back