Bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEAUKEZRA

Reaction score
My husband and I decided to try to bond the boys (Bernie and Louie)that Rosie left behind with our single girl Maddie. It was a rough start but they're starting to come around. Louie was a little aggressive with her but Bernie seems to be ok once she let him mount her. I wasn't sure if it was too soon but I didn't want the boys to get used to just the two of them in the room. I let Maddie stay in their room overnight on Wed and I slept on the couch so I could hear if anything went wrong. They did pretty good but Maddie still gets nervous and runs from Louie. I think it will be successful.

It's weird to seeMaddie in the room where Rosie should be but I'll get used to it. Now Maddie will have friends, the boys will have a girlfriend and Alice and Oreo will have a lot more space once I open up Maddie's old "apartment".

My husband picked up Rosie's ashes today so now she's back home with us.

Maddie, Bernie and Louie

:biggrin2:

100_0201.jpg

The trio is no more! Maddie had to be separated from the boys. :sad:

Louie never cared for her but they were living together peacefully. It seemed that Maddie and Bernie were in love BUT she was planning a hostile takeover for dominance and it did not go well. Bernie and Maddie had a fight and every time I try to put them back together they start to circle and bite. Bernie will NEVER give up his role as leader of that room but Maddie doesn't listenlol. Oh well, now I have to rebuild her a new "apartment" since we already rearranged her old one to make a more roomy "apartment" for Alice and Oreo.

I'm disappointed. I was hoping they'd be friends.

I'm so sorry it didn't work out, but I will tell you, the best thing to do, is plan for failure with them, that way when it works,it can be a celebration!:D

I never expected a fight, but, I thought, if one happened, I would make the most of it. Sometimes that was very hard to do. It makes you think, alot. Makes you know the bun's personalitly more.:)

Bondingcan happen!:)

Back