Bonding with your rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LolaTheRabbit

Reaction score
I want to know how long it will take to bunny come to me and not be afraid. I got mine only 5 days and I see progress but I would love to know your experience.

It can take anywhere from a couple days to several months.

All are unique. They all have their own personality. And then even with that being said, not all rabbits will come to you and want contact. That can vary greatly. My male, who ive had since sept, is still very aloof. He will only want pets on HIS terms and complains quite a bit. My female on the other hand, is attached to my hip and follows me everywhere.

My thought process on bonding is the ignore method. Sit on the ground with your bun free run. Read, watch tv, whatever. But ignore. Don't pick up, don't pet, just let her explore on her own terms. Build trust by not pushing too much and offer treats and rewards so she associates positivity with contact with you :)

Rabbits arent cuddly. They don't like to be picked up or handled alot. Sometimes they show enjoyment and love for their owner by binkys and begging for treats ;) you may get more than that but you may not.

Each bun is an individual. The night we brought Thumper home he went from the carrier to his cage. The next morning my husband let him out. That very day he was coming up to each of us including the three girls.

He likes to be petted and rubbed just about anywhere. He's not crazy about his feet but sometimes when he is intent on chewing some cardboard we can touch them. He's a little sensitive about low on his side but when he's chilled out and I have been petting awhile he doesn't mind, even seems to enjoy it.

When he is being lazy he will stay laying down when we enter the room but when he's feeling more energetic he will come running to us.

LOL it didn't take long for little Lola love me she snugkes very close to me and loves to be petted girls bunnies are sweet what a joy..

Latest posts

Back