Bonding/what do you guys think about this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunBun Mom

Reaction score
I read somewhere that swapping cages is a goodthing. So today, I put Blossomin Benny's cage and let Bennyhave run of the room. He right away went to Blossom's cage. He noticedthe door was down real quick and had to check it out. He hopped rightin and started sniffing everything. He got in her litter box andstarted eating her poo and chewing on the paper litter. Hejumped out and ate some of her hay. He turned his nose up at her foodb/c he hates that kind. After he was done there, he started playingwith her toys and chinning everything....even the water bottle and thetip she drinks from. He was twitching his head alot too.

When he decided to leave her cage, he noticed her is his cage. Hehopped fast over there and started chewing on his cage door. She cameright up to him. I couldn't tell if he was trying to bite her or lickher but she just fell over and laid there.

Does his behavior sound like a good thing? He doesn't seem aggressiveto me but it's really hard to tell what he's thinking...he always looksthe same.

If Blossom hasbeen spayed , and i think iremember ou posting she had ,and she is past her firstmonth since , I would take herout and hold her on your lap so youcan have controll , and let himcome up to her , but be preparedto stand up fast just in case,see how that goes a coupletimes , they may get alongfine but we dont wantto risk any accidents . Oh wear pantsand protective shoesor sneakers just in case .

Iam such a worrywart that i wouldtake every precaution to insurenot one of the 3 of yougets injured . jus rememberhon accidents happen, sometimes too fast.use caution and goodluck let us know howit goes .

She hasn't been spayed yet. I don't plan ontrying her in my lap until a month or so after. Benny seemed happy thefirst time she moved to his room. I swap their blankys back anf forth.I always let him have floor time first. He lays in front of her cagealot. Benny's really interested in her and seems great to me so Ithought I'd try the cage thing. He seemed happy to me and bouncy. Heactually didn't want to leave her cage andall stretched outin it.

gypsy wrote:
If Blossom has beenspayed , and i think i rememberou posting she had , andshe is past her first monthsince , I would take her out and hold heron your lap

Gyspsy- My male has been neutered for a week and a half andmy female is getting spayed in 10 days....then I was planning onintroducing them 2 weeks after she is spayed...but here, you say amonth...do I need to wait a month? I've heard that 2 weeks isan ok amount of time...just wondering! thanks

-Vanessa

Sorry, yes Benny's neutered. We did that aboutan hour after I got him.....I rescued him and Joon on my lunch breakabout 3 yrs ago.

Nope no pee. They were both acting very happy. She bounced all over hiscage while he checked hers out and tested her hay for her. Neither oneof them seem worried about it. They both ended up laying all stretchedout and comfy in eachothers cage.

Back