Bonding three bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilLops

Reaction score
Hey there!

Just wondering about whether it is possible to bond three bunnies? I would love it if they could all live together, it would make things much easier in terms of cleaning etc!

My two girls (Charlie and Chloe) are currently both not desexed but have been bonded for about a year now.
I am considering bonding them to a neutered male at some point in the future (Chester)...

Has anyone had any experience with bonding three buns? How well would this combination work? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated :)

Thank you!

I'm working on bonding three pairs- 3 females and 3 males. My house is a little bit of a zoo at the moment. I take them to the pet store to use their puppy training space (fenced in area in the middle of the store) so it is neutral territory. The dog smell also stresses just enough to help them feel uncomfortable. The dates this way have been going well.

I think I'd concentrate on getting your females spayed. The chance of cancer is just so awfully high that it really should be done.

Hi! thanks for your replies :)

Okay, It sounds possible, and the girls are used to Chester and doing nose touches etc through the bars during their turn for playtime, and they even lie up against his hutch. So if i just introduce them on neutral grounds with a barrier it will be okay? do you think Charlie and Chloe might gang up on him?

Yes i know how important spaying is, but sadly we can't afford it at the moment for both girls at once. I'll be looking around at prices but unfortunately it is very expensive where we live...

I have a trio of bunnies, the are related though (mother, and 2 daughters). However they were separated for a few weeks before i decided to keep them both so they had to be bonded again, it can work. If 2 are already bonded then it makes it a bit easier to bond one more into the group. But the 2 females may become too territorial of their home and may not allow the male into their group.

I have a trio of unrelated bunners. Pidge and Starling were born in different litters at the same breeder and eventually placed together prior to coming home here. I already had Atticus then. The girls after a time had some out/play time with Atticus on neutral ground and they did fine together.

I gave it maybe a month of good daily playtime before moving them in together. It's working out great so far - the one thing I've noticed is where Starling and Pidge were very closely bonded at first, they are now more of roommates and Atticus/Starling are showing signs of a closer bond. Pidge has sort of been left on the sidelines as it were and has to compete for grooms and snuggles. She's smaller than the other two also which makes it all the more sad seeing her trying to push in between them.

I don't think we'll be bringing home any additional companion for Pidgey. It's not in the cards right now and I worry that whomever Pidge picks would not room well with Atts and Star. It IS nice having them all in one large NIC pen.

We'll see how things progress...

I think you'll be fine bonding your three! :) Keep us posted!

Back