Bonding The Buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boz

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm hoping some of you could possibly help me out. :)

Domino and Dolla are bonded with eachother.
Louie and Marley are single.

At first I was going to do a trio with Louie, Dolla and Domino.
But then I thought I should try to bond Louie with Marley instead.
But I don't know!

Marley is territorial and grunts, and bites at any bunny that comes near her. But she has only humans as company (mainly me) and I can't be with her all the time so a friend for her would be nice. I just don't know if it's work.

Dolla and Louie get along for the most part. Domino is not so fond of Louie, yet.

So I'm stuck on what to do. I know Louie wants a friend and I'd hate to drag out a stressful attempt to bond him and Marley just to have it fail, though it'd be nice to have a friend for Marley. On the other hand It would also be nice to have a trio with Louie and Dolla and Domino.
So pretty much... I don't know what to do! :faint:

If it was me I would try to bond Louie and Marley. If Louie is okay with not being top bun and lets Marley be top bun it might not be an issue. I would make sure to start and an area that Marley is not territorial to since you know how he is. To be safe I would try it with each one of them on a separate side of a gate to see how Marley reacts. I would keep trying it for awhile to see if Marley will adjust and then go from there. Marley maybe real aggressive at first but after they are bonded Marley may love the company. I think it is good for most rabbits to have a mate so they don't get as lonely though I know with some rabbits it isn't an option. But I would work real hard and try it to see how it goes.

You ought to PM Flashy too :) She's got some great bonding tips!

Latest posts

Back