Bonding rabbits advice please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laus

Reaction score
that's ment to say Bonding Rabbits !!!
I have two rabbits 1 is a male neutered the other female will get neutered when old enough, I strated to bond them last yesterday, the male went straight to the female and was humping her, dominance, the female was getting stressed so I separated them, penned next to each other, then at night tried again took them to a neutral room, the male tried to hump once then general playing together after 30 mins they went back into their pens next to each other, this morning they have been out again, no humping just general playing and ignoring each other, there hasn't been any aggression, now back in pens next to each other just making sure its going in the right direction,

Last edited:
If she isn't spayed, it isn't going to make any difference what goes on right now (other than outright fighting). As soon as her hormones kick in (which will be well before she's old enough to spay) that the relationship will change. At that point you could see fighting or loving or anything in between.
Until she comes back from her spay, you really won't know what is going to happen with the bonding.
Personally, I wouldn't even be trying to put them together. If those hormones kick in and a serious fight breaks out, it could jeopardize future bonding.
I'd just wait until after the spay (and healing) before trying to put them together.

Latest posts

Back