Bonding Questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phinnsmommy

Reaction score
Hello!

First off, the bonding is doing very well (they arent fighting or anything) but Phinn is still humping Cleo.

He doesnt do it often, this is the first time in about a week, but thats all he wants to do! He gets in like little spurts where he just cant stop!

Will it ever end?

I dont want Cleo to get mad then attack him...

And when they have outside time, Phinn sometimes chases Cleo, but it isnt an agresive chase, its more playful, and then Cleo will thump, run off, and then the cyle will go on and on!

I cant tell if Cleo likes it or not, because she isnt scared of agressive when he does it, they look like they are having a good time, its just that she thumps!

Thanks! Silvie

Sorry you haven't gotten a response to this. Is sounds like Phinn is being dominant, trying to remain dominant. They'll work it out. You may need to intervene, but it sounds fine right now. As long as there's no bad biting, a nip or so is normal, just watch what happens after you see a nip. Keep an eye on them. The mounting should slow down as they work out who is dominant;).

Well they sprint, like a bunny 500, but if Phinn does get up to her, they just sit next to eachother without problems, its not like he's trying to get to her to attack her.

Its just the thumping that is making me feel like she doesnt like it...

The thumping might just signal for him to "back off" or "quit it already" without being an attack. I never intervene unless there are obvious signs of aggression. Of course I am always within reach while the bonding process is still going on. They need to establish who dominates and who submits. They can disagree about it too but as long as one gives in, there shouldn't be any fighting. If a bunny is permitted to mount another, it shows that things are going well. That is how they are. Once they have settled on their positions, they will bond and get to grooming each other and causing trouble together :p

Wiggles can do it numerous times a day even though Bam-Bam is totally ok with her being dominant. I guess in a way she is kinda hoping that he would rebel a bit so that she could show him his place though he never does.

Latest posts

Back