Bonding question.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bun Slave

Reaction score
Hi everyone - I brought home a bunny named Bugs a month ago. He's male, neutered, adult. I have two rabbits here, Nellie who is female and spayed and Newman who is male and neutered. Both adults and they've been a bonded pair for years.

Bugs and Newman have bonded but not Bugs and Nellie. In fact, they seem to hate each other. I've had Bugs here for about a month and they were getting better around each other, but tonight the little jerk managed to push through the fence that I use to separate them. By the time I got to them a few seconds in there was a bunny brawl happening.

Bugs LOVES Newman & vice-versa. Bugs humps Newman a lot. So I'm guessing this hatred is due to some dominance issues. Newman doesn't care if Bugs wants to mount him but Nellie is very high strung.

So what to do now? I know they've fought; I know rabbits have long memories. Bugs is a great little bunny who clearly loves Newman and wants a home here. I don't want to return him to the shelter.

What steps would you take at this point to try to get a successful bonding program happening between Nellie and Bugs? Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back