Bonding Question...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kirbyultra wrote:
Were you bouncing them around in a basket before? If so, put them both in the basket, put a towel lightly over them so they sit still and then just walk around with them to some new places they haven't been to for 15 or 20 min. When I did this with my pair, I went downstairs to the laundry room. Rolled them around in the laundry cart, so I didn't even carry them in my arms.

Car ride works too!
I tried the towel trick, that did seem to work better than the laundry basket. No nipping since then during the sessions. I have reduced it to 15 mins as well.

elrohwen wrote:
I think you're doing a good job - just stick with it. Also, when she asks for groomies, you can try petting both of them and forcing them to snuggle together. This is often a good way of positively ending the session. And don't be afraid to use the laundry basket mid session - when my girl got too humpy around the 15 minute mark, I would dump them back in the laundry basket for 2 minutes and then continue the session in the tub. It kind of knocked her out of her humping obsession.
Ya know? i had been grooming them during the session and was unsure if it was helping or not. I figured "lead by example" type of attitude. :)

It could actually be a really good bonding experience for them to go in the same carrier. I would bring a second one, just in case you need to separate them at some point, but with the stress of the car and the vet's office, they should just snuggle the whole time. Great experience for them and their bond.

Latest posts

Back