Bonding question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul2641

Reaction score
Ok I have a question say if I bonded a spayed/neutered female and male rabbit would they seek less attention off of me? Do animals become less dependant on there owners if they have a bonded friend?

Also how hard is it to bond 2 neutered male rabbits?

and can you bond 2 males and 1 female if there all neutered/spayed, vice versa bonding 2 females and 1 male spayed/neutered rabbit?

Please answer!

Really it just depends on the rabbits to be honest.

Some of my buns turn very much to other buns when they have a friend, others, like Summer, still want human attention just as much.

Bonding males is generally harder, but it depends on the rabbits. Some males can bond fine with others, other won't tolerate any other male ever.

I have a trio of mmf and it works fine, but other buns of mine definitely would not tolerate that, so really, whilst possible, it comes down to the personality of the buns.

Whatever you tried to do they would all have to be fixed though, and have had their hormones die, that's for sure.

I've not been very helpful have I, lol.

I have actually heard stories on here of buns that once they were bonded to a mate, they did give less attention to their owner. But, not all buns are that way.

Best of luck to you and keep us posted. Post vids of bonding sessions even, it teaches us all things about our buns.:)

I agree with Tracy, it is really hard to predict wwhich bonding scenario works best. if they are spayed/neutered (at least the bucks) it surely helps.

In my situation Coco (spayed) only tolerates Benny (neutered) and her daughter Magic (intact)

Magic funnily enough gets on with everyone who accepts her as the top bunny except Benny (probably because he thinks he is the boss)

Magic(intact), Lint (recently spayed) and Asha (intact) work fine but add Coco (spayed) to the equation and there is war.

Also Raylann (spayed) hates everyone but Benny and I could go on and on...

I guess most animals can be bonded once they are spayed and neutered but it just may take a lot of time and patience and then there are also some that are simply unsociable....:p

Latest posts

Back