Bonding question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenlyshelties

Reaction score
I have been putting Miffy and Cordy's crates next to each other so they can see each other and smell each other since we got her. Today I figured it had been long enough time to make sure Cordy wasn't ill (she's eating like a pig now) and so my two girls, husband and I put Cordy and Miffy on the floor and let them check each other out while sitting around them in a circle. This was the scariest part as I was so scared as to what Miffy might do. She puffed herself up and looked twice her size but would go sniff and now and then lick Cordy. She started sniffing Cordy's rear and then trying to put her head under her rear it seemed, really weird. No humping, but no bitting. They were right next to each other the whole time pretty much and we did this for about 20 minutes. Is this a good sign?

It is a very good sign. When there is no fighting on the first meeting is always great! Keep up the good work. Next time try to put some food out and see if they will eat together. But overall that was a great bonding session:thumbup

Sounds like it went really well! Bonding can be soo frustrating, but it sounds like yours might not be too difficult..good girl Miffy!

Good Luck and keep up the good work!

-Haley

Latest posts

Back