Bonding process: No mounting & No grooming

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokey&ash

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m bonding my two bunnies. It’ll be 3 months tomorrow. In the beginning my first bun, Ash wasn’t a fan of having a brother, she lunged at him during bonding sessions for weeks. But he liked her a lot then she began to like him then he actually started to lunge at her. Finally after the 2 months they now are at a mutual ground and are able to free roam together for hours without attempting to fight. They always lay down near each other as well. However, they I haven’t seen any grooming between them. There was little grooming in the beginning of the bonding but now none. They’ll both bow their head to demand for grooming but neither will cave in. Any tips? I even tried the honey nose trick but nope.
There also hasn’t been ANY mounting to determine dominance. Is mounting essential to the process?

So far everything sounds good. I would put a banana on the head of one of them, maybe that will be more irresistible. I don't think mounting is essential. Just continue what you are doing.

Back