Bonding- here's what happen tonight.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunBun Mom

Reaction score
I tried to add this to my last post but my pc's messed up and won't go to page 2.

Tonight, I let Benny and Blossom out together in the room. Right awayBlossom ran to Benny and laid flat on the floor. He rubbed his chin onher and laid on her. When she moved away, he started chasing her. She'sa fast little bunny! He had a hard time keeping up.

Everytime she stopped he humped her. The first time she pee'd on hisface and the floor. He got all kind of excited and went after heragain. She just laid there flat on the floor. After the 3rd or 4thtime, she ran back to her cage. He chased her but I blocked him fromgetting in her cage....wanted to give her a break. While I was blockingher door, Benny was rubbing his head on my arm. As soon as he turnedaround and left, she would hop over to him and flatten out onthe floor. She was pushing her head under him. The hubby was freakingthe whole time and wanting to spray him. I told him not too!

After maybe 30 minutes Blossom got in her cage and stretched out. Iwent ahead and closed her door so Benny wouldn't go in there. He satoutside her cage pushing his face into it for awhile. Here's somethingI haven't seen in a long time!! He started leaping in the air, runningaround the room and playing with his toys. He throw a toy near her cageand went over there to look at her. When she came up to him, he startedtwitching his head and body. All of a sudden he jumped about a foot offthe floor and did a lap around the room. He seems very happy to me!She's always seemed happyand I think she really likes him.

What I found interesting was when she pee'd on his face, some got on atowel that was there and he was rolling on it. Anyone ever heard ofthat? I thought maybe he was doing that b/c he approves of his new girl.

Blossom is laying flat and presenting herself assubmissive. This is good that they are defining roles andgetting along so well.

The pee is marking territory and marking the other bunny as my"mate". Sounds like the bonding is goingsuperbly! He liked being marked as hers.

Back