Bonding female with already bonded couple

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bethepoet

Reaction score
Hiya, I have a female (Harriet) and male (Alfie) who have been bonded and living together for a few months now. We recently had our other female (Jessie) spayed, and as she's healing we're starting to think about our options. Obviously we won't be doing anything until she's healed and her hormones have fully left her system.

But when she is ready to go, should we bond with our couple or get a new bunny?

I would prefer to have the three of them living together, but the few times we let Jessie and Harriet meet before either were spayed, there were fights. Harriet has been spayed for months now but she still gets very wound up whenever she sees Jess. Alfie is just indifferent to it, but if he ever shows too much interest he gets set straight, lol.

Could this just be Harriet feeding off of Jessie's hormones? She's only been spayed for a few days now so they haven't see each other since. Will they remember? Do rabbits ever just NOT like each other? And even if the girls get along, will Harriet become aggressive when they're all together because she's possessive of Alfie?

The other option is getting a fourth bunny. Obviously the part of me that likes tiny fluffy cute things is in favour of this, haha. But four rabbits is A LOT. I did jump into getting Alfie and Jessie (I do love them though!), and I don't want to repeat that. Another thing is that Jessie is an English rabbit, and she's very timid. I think she'd do much better with a smaller, less intimidating breed who she can mother. But I don't agree with purebreds/breeders etc. Please note, by the way, that this is just my personal opinion and I'm not in any way judging those of you who are breeders or have purebred buns.

What do you guys think?

I think it's worth a try once the hormones are gone - it's possible to bond three bunns. there's no guarantee it will work out, ofc, since some rabbits just don't get along with each other... but you'll never know unless you give it a try :)

I know, it's just the last time they met without bars between them, Harriet gave Jessie a nice ear piercing before we could separate them, hence why they never met again. Poor bunny. I just want somebody to be psychic and just tell me if it'll work so I don't have to risk it, lol.

Latest posts

Back