bonding bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotchocolatewithsmarties!!!!!

Reaction score
whats this about putting your rabbits together in the car to make them bond quickly?
do i put them both in a carrier together in the car or just sitting on the back seat!?
please reply to this quick cos were of to the vet soon and i wanted to try it out!
edeexxx

I believe the theory is that you have twocarriers and someone sitting with them in the back seat. Then once thecar is moving, you let them out together on the seat. The motion of thecar is supposed to make them nervous so that theysnuggletogether on the seat. There's an article on this, I'lltry and dig it up.

Heres the linik:http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/introductions.html

I had my boyfriend drive and set the bunnies on the backseat on atowel. I would dit back there with them, just in case. Then you drivearound (slow!) for about 10 minutes or so. They get scared of themotion of the car and they snuggle together. Then, when you get home,you put them in a neutral area.

I did this for Basil and Max. we spent about an hour each day, 3-4times a week. They were mortal enemies at the start, and best friendsafter about a month of this.

The car wasthe breakthrough with my2! I had them in separate carriers face to face so they hadto look at each other, then when they were at the vet, I kept thecarriers facing each other, so all they could see was each otherthrough the bars, then when I got home, all of a sudden, they startingbeing best friends whereas before that they were fighting all the time.

Latest posts

Back