Bonding and buying anothet rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so my rabbit lola is almost old enough to be fixed and we plan on fixing her in January or February but for xmas my mother wanted to get me another rabbit, the place where we got lola from has new baby bunnies super tiny and adorable and i think all the rabbits there have the same mom including lola i was thinking since they came from the same place and have the same mom that lola would recognize the smell and they wont fight because lola isn't aggressive to me or anyone she mostly eats and sleeps any opinions would help because i really want another bunny because ik they work well in pairs and the little bunnies were soo cute heres a picture of the one i want

Attachments

• 20211110_155345.jpg
    20211110_155345.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 3
I wouldn't. Not now. And not from the same place.
You wouldn't know if the new rabbit would be accepted by your current one, especially since she's usnpayed and the new one would be a baby.
Wait until you can get your current bun spayed and then a month or two after that for hormones to fade.
Then you have a rabbit rescue somewhere in Michigan. You would have to contact them to see if they allow " bunny dates " when your girl is old enough to start bonding. This will eliminate a chance of ending up with two unbondable rabbits. Shelter rabbits are also pre-fixed and vet-checked. Paying an adoption fee for a fixed healthy bun that is a guaranteed match to Lola is much cheaper than just trying with a random baby.
Even if you took the adoorable baby rabbit from the same place, even if they were the kid of Lola's mum, she wouldn't give a squat because she would no longer consider them "family" even if she remembered the scent. Chances are that she would get along for a month because of a thing called "baby bonds" but these are bound to break as the so-adorable little one will eventually grow up. If two unfixed rabbits are left together, one of two things will happen: you'll either have a pregnant rabbit; or at least one injured rabbit as intact ones will eventually duke it out.
Instead of getting a new baby bunny for christmas, ask your parents to write you a voucher to get a shelter rabbit when Lola is fixed long enough for it.

Latest posts

Back