Bonding a large group, advice please!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1357bunnylover

Reaction score
I have a trio of unspayed females and they have a great bond. My 2 single bunnies Buckley and Bella are neutered and spayed and are nearly bonded (I broke their bond a few months ago but it's nearly fixed!).

Buckley usually has free roam often garden and my trio always groom him through the wire of their run and I always find them flopped out next to each other, except one of the girls from the trio Casey she will someyed turn and try to attack him through the wire. Yesterday Bella escaped from her run and I found her flopped out against my trios run and they were so cute but then Casey randomly turned and attacked her but then started grooming her?

They seem to all love each other, it's just Casey sometimes turns.. Do you think trying to bond the 5 bunnies would work even with 1 bunny that is a bit of a grump!?
Also, does anyone have any advice on how to do it? I've bonded pairs but never groups so its all new to me!

Trios and larger are difficult and rarely work permanently. Things can go fine for awhile and then boom, a spontaneous fight.
You would need then all to be spayed but even then the risks are still there.
How old are the unspayed females? Are they free run all the time? Do they live in the same cage?

My trio of females are aged 4 and two 2 year olds. They're mother and daughters. They have all lived together for 2 years, and are together 24/7. I am on this Facebook group for rabbits and a woman has a group of 7 bunnies, with 1 male thats neutered but the girls aren't and they have all been together been together for 7 years! It looks so cute and it'd be so good if I could have my buns like it! But it would be hard work.. I might just completely bond my pair first and then try or I might just leave them as a pair and a trio as its easier.. Mm I don't know??

My trio of females are aged 4 and two 2 year olds. They're mother and daughters. They have all lived together for 2 years, and are together 24/7. I am on this Facebook group for rabbits and a woman has a group of 7 bunnies, with 1 male thats neutered but the girls aren't and they have all been together been together for 7 years! It looks so cute and it'd be so good if I could have my buns like it! But it would be hard work.. I might just completely bond my pair first and then try or I might just leave them as a pair and a trio as its easier.. Mm I don't know??

I have heard of it too I'm not saying it's impossible just rare. It's nothing I would ever try but I'm just a worry wart and rabbit fights scare me :) A common fighting time is during dawn and dusk when human slaves are sleeping.
I would get some tips from someone who has a bonded group with unaltered rabbits so maybe that lady on Facebook can help you. I'm not aware of anyone on RO that has a bonded group. The largest is a trio and I only know of 1 of those.
Best of luck andlet us know how it goes!

Back