Bonding 2 young females

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndigosMommy

Reaction score
I've read how to bond and everything but no one really says how many times you are suppose to put them in a box together or bathroom/tub etc. And for how long do you leave them??? They have cages next to each other, I let them out to play separately. The new bunny is still skittish but getting used to her new home pretty well.

As for the bonding.... so far I've done the box thing, that worked great, they did not fight at all in the box. But no one says how long to leave them in there. Same thing with neutral area bonding... how long / how many times??? Several a day or once a day??

It's only been since Friday but yesterday my orig bun (Indigo) started grooming the new bunny. Which I know is a good sign. But the new bun sill gets too nervous and will run even though Indigo is not attacking her....so then Indigo chases her. Today the new bunny groomed Indigo back, i was so happy!! But again, after a few minutes the new one runs and Indigo chases.

Like, how do u know WHEN you can just leave them be? She did nip her once today when chasing too. Does the nipping ever stop? I am a patient person, it's only been 5 days. So I have hope since they are grooming already. But were not there yet by any means.

Thanks for your help!!

Latest posts

Back