Bonded rabbits...or are they?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajohal

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! :D

I had a post a while back on here about my rabbits, Rabby and Nemo. I was having a lot of problems bonding them and spent around 7 months bonding them! It was a struggle, there were good times and a lot of bad times haha!

Anyway I am now at the point where they are pretty much bonded (i think) as they spend every day, all day together!

If I explain their set up it might make more sense. They live in my garage and have a big hutch and two pens around the hutch so they can come in and out as they please. Until a week ago I had two hutches which they both had access to as I was trying to transition them slowly (before they were bonded I'd swap them every night). After a while I shut the smaller hutches doors. It was still there but they only had access to one hutch.

Anyway things were going really well, I didn't see them fight and they seemed really happy. I decided it was time to get rid of the small hutch and they were ready to share. I put them in the big hutch and was cleaning out the small one to move it. I realised that Rabby (dominant) started attacking Nemo. I immediately let them out and just cornered off part of the pen so I could move the hutch.

Ever since then they have been fine and have not fought but now I'm worried about shutting the hutch. They go and eat food together in the hutch without fighting and sometimes when they hear loud noises they both go and run in to the hutch but they will fight if I shut the doors. I don't understand it!

I want to shut them in the hutches at night and then let them out in the morning as I'm worried about them escaping out of the pens at night. We have a lot of wires in the garage and I worry about that. At the moment they have the pen and the hutch at night.

Any advice would be appreciated :) thanks!

Latest posts

Back