Bonded rabbit group?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninchen

Reaction score
Does anyone ever had a bonded group of rabbits in a big pen?
Or heard about a group that worked out fine?

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

I know of a few people who have groups like this. On here I can think of at least two.

I have had a quad, but I found the bigger the group, the potentially more volatile it can be. The type of bunnies in the group really makes a difference to whether or not it is successful.

I'd love to do this with mine, but mine seem to very much reject that idea. I'd love an inside group and an outside group, but it's not happening lol.

You going to try and bond yours?

Thinking about bonding the two pairs with the single bunny Cinnamon and having them all together outside in a 100 square feet hutch.

But even that could be to small for the little rascals.
Ah, they are just spoiled!

The opposite sexes will be fine togehter soon, but the same sexed rabbits will give me some nights without sleep.:pssd:

bunnybunbunb wrote:
I have been consistering bonding more than pairs. In the wild they live in huge warrans, why not in our homes? :)

Perhaps because the wild ones are "family" and are not mixed adults and they have so much more room.
And everybun who will not stick to the rules is going to die...
Wilderness is no paradise.

:brownbunny

Yeh, in the wild the fights either go to the death, one is driven away or submits, and in the domestic situation they really only have the option to submit. Also, in the domestic situation it's a very false set up because the rabbits often do not choose their own mate and group of friends, they are normally put into a group which may or may not work.

That's obviously very simplistic and I'd actually really love to study how a warren fully works, but that's how I see it.

I am actually hoping to eventually have a quad and a trio with my seven. Some trios work so far but no combination works as a quad. I quite like the idea of them not being bonded exclusively to one bunny.
I think it depends on the space too. sometimes i can have four running around in the garden and they leave each other alone but they'd attack in the run.

i have a trio that took me...maybe like 2 days to bond before they could be in the same cages.
i am about to get 2 flemmie mix babies though and going to try and bond them with the trio...
guess ill know then how it is

http://www.mybunnies.com/bonding.htm a link that was shown to me

All of mine are fine with each other. They were introduced at a young age though, but are still doing fine.

After I discovered the other day that Raylann had a big chunk missing from her ear (and i didn'teven realize when it happened:() I am a bit apprehensive about trying again. Only a while ago I thought f they had enough space to avoid each other some natural order will establish and they'll get along. Now i am not too sure anymore. I aven't managed to bond more than a trioand forming a quad will be ambitious...

Latest posts

Back