Blossom got spayed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunBun Mom

Reaction score
We did her Monday and she's doing great! Actslike nothing happened. I took Benny to work also. He goesnuts if I take her and leave him....gets stressed and destructive.Seeing how we just replaced all the carpet in their condo, I figuredit'd be better to take him too. I placed their carriers door to door sohe could see her. Not long after I got her out to mask her down, Icould hear Benny trying to dig his way out of the carrier. Poor boymissed his girl! Missed her so bad that he tore his front toe nailstrying to get out.

From all the rabbits spays I've assisted with, Blossom is much olderthan I thought...she's atleast a year old. Her uterus was huge andlooked like it belonged to an adult rabbit. I remember when we didJoon, it took forever to find it b/c it was so tiny and she wasabout6-8 monthsoldwhen we did her.

I do have some not so happy bun buns now. Blossom's back in her cagefor awhile to rest b/c she's too active. She wants out reallybad!! Benny lays in front of her cage when I let him out.When it's time to go up, he pitches a fit...kicking and thumping allthe way. They are really clean and neat but every morning both cageslook like a tornado hit them...hahahaha. They'll have to get over itfor a few more days then the happy couple can be together:)

Thanks! Me too.

Hopefully she'll chill out now b/c I was having raging female hormone troubles with her...wasn't fun at all!!

Yeah, Benny loves her!! While she was waking up, I let him out to see her and he licked her ears.

Yeah, she got several new toys and so did Benny.I'm only letting him out for short times b/c he started trying to getin her cage.....good thing the carpet in their room isn't that greatb/c he did a number on ittoday and I was in there with him.

I think Benny is missing the all day ear cleaning and constant grooming. Blossom pampers him too much...lol

I let her out yesterday for a short time to stretch her legs b/c hercage is smaller than Bennys. Well, she's use to be out all day so Ifigured she was feeling kind of cramped up. Her free time didn't lastlong. She ran right for Bennys cage and tried to get in. Once shefigured out she couldn't get in, she gave up. Then she got in themiddle of the room, jumped about 2ft in the air and did a 360. When shelanded, she just kind of sat there like ouch. So, back to the cage shewent. I had to bribe her back in with a treat b/c she didn't want togo. She didn't want me touching her either...I think she's mad at me.She thumped in her cage for several minutes.

Back