Bloodly nose?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry if its said already. but i heard that what happens if your bun gets VHD?
but your bun might be vaccinated a gainst it any way.
i dont know much about it,...

irishlops wrote:

From the description, the blood appears to be injury related (there is swelling present) rather than the rabbit hemorrhaging from its nose.

Pam

paul2641 wrote:

Would you recommend any antiseptic? I'm getting the betadine in an hour or so. Mam said if There isn't an improvement in 1 week we will bring the rabbit to the vet. That is the best I can do, Anyone have any other advise.

A small amount of any antiseptic that you have handy is fine - betadine is very good. If properly cared for, this should not requirea visit to the vet unless a resistant infection takes hold that would require antibiotics.

Can you post a photo?

Pam

thanks. its good to know....
i think...:nerves1
no ideas about this. not thing happened to me like this.
good luck

pamnock wrote:
irishlops wrote:

From the description, the blood appears to be injury related (there is swelling present) rather than the rabbit hemorrhaging from its nose.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
paul2641 wrote:

Would you recommend any antiseptic? I'm getting the betadine in an hour or so. Mam said if There isn't an improvement in 1 week we will bring the rabbit to the vet. That is the best I can do, Anyone have any other advise.

A small amount of any antiseptic that you have handy is fine - betadine is very good. If properly cared for, this should not requirea visit to the vet unless a resistant infection takes hold that would require antibiotics.

Can you post a photo?

Pam
Ok so I sent an hour and a half going to every pharmacy open not one of them had betadine, So I put on some medicated vasalene on the wound. I'm getting really worried. We have savlon can I use this?

Flashy wrote:
That's interesting to know angieluv. Plenty of people have advised me that they have used it and not had any problems, but I would only ever use the merest smear.

Thanks for the info.

All our vets have told us the solution can be toxic, but the healing ointment/cream is fine but use the tiniest amount and preferably watch the animal dosent clean that area, however if ingested shouldnt do any damage. As with every anti-septic though, there is a risk.

There's a solution? I didn't know that, lol, I meant the cream. I'm learning a lot about Savlon today!

Is it infected/?

Can you get a camera and take a pic?

If you cleansed it gently by applying weakened betadine solution it should be OK UNLESS there is already an infection.

In that case there would be redness, and swelling and he would shy away from you touching it at all.

betadine comes by other names ; it is called povidine iodine and is a presurgical swabbing liquid to prep the area. ...ask the pharmacist asitis called different things depending on the company.

I know absolutely nothing about savlon other than what i looked up and posted;never heard of it , never used it never saw it.

So I am dealing with a lack of experience with it
just felt I should postwhat i found just in case...

JimD wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
We have savlon can I use this?

Savlon should be okay....again make sure you don't use too much.

It's a similar alternative to our Neosporin.
Sorry...I'missed the previous info by Maureen.

I'm wrong with this.
I jumped the gun before researching throughly.

I think it might be infected so I plan on going to the vet. The savlon didn't really do anything and all the swabs with hot water did was go all red from dried blood.

Please pray my rabbit is ok.:pray:

:| You should NEVER put boiled water on her, you need to leave it to cool first. Would you like boiled water on your skin? Poor, poor bunny! That must have hurt immensely.

JimD wrote:
perhaps it was boiled to sterilize... and then used after it had cooled down?
I hope...
I hope so, but when I asked how hot it was, he said kettle boiled :( (which you obviously saw), and so that to me tells me it was boiled water. I may have interpreted that wrong though.

Flashy wrote:
JimD wrote:
perhaps it was boiled to sterilize... and then used after it had cooled down?
I hope...
I hope so, but when I asked how hot it was, he said kettle boiled :( (which you obviously saw), and so that to me tells me it was boiled water. I may have interpreted that wrong though.
I let it cool for about a minute:?.

It's always safer to test it on your own skin first. Inside of the wrist is a good place

Latest posts

Back