Blood after SubQ injection

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanam158

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
i really need some help. i have been doing my rabbits Penicilin injections for about 9 months now for a nasty ear infection to keep it at bay. i used to do the injections daily and now i do them every second day. recently i have noticed after almost every injection she bleeds when i pull out the needle. this used to happen rarely and now it has happened quite a few times. when i pull back on the plunger there is no blood, but i notice that the negative pressure is not very strong compared to videos i have seen of other people doing it. like it plunges back a bit but i’m also pulling air, but the needle has definitely not gone through. would someone be able to help me with the bleeding situation, i massage the injection site after the needle is pulled out but she still bleeds and there is definitely no blood when i aspirate. and the negative pressure thing is weird. if someone could give me some answers that would be great thank you!

Back