bloating and constipation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdubbz117

Reaction score
I work at a pet store and i'm working right now. We have a sick rabbit here that we just isolated from the other two she was with. Her tummy is bloated and it would appear she's all blocked up/constipated. I'm unsure of her exact breed. My manager is allowing me to use my phone to access these forums for a little advice as to whether or not there's anything we may be able to do to possibly get her unconstipated? I know it's a long shot but we're all rather upset because she's such a cute and sweet bunny, and we can't get her to a vet.

She's no more than maybe three months old (give or take). I'm unsure of her breed, but there is albino in her. She may be some sort of a dwarf mix.

Your best bet is looooong gentle tummy rubs and gas meds comprised of simethicone (or generic simethicone). What have you got available? For adults or for babies will do. (The dosage for rabbits is very high, though).

Is she drinking? If it is a blockage/stasis, she'll need a lot of fluids. Pedialyte for babies is good.

No sign diarrhea?

Is she eating? When did she last eat?

sas :pray:

Does her belly look distended? If it looks like it is large and full of gas, it would be bloat, not gas, and that can only be helped by a vet. Definitely do not do massage if her belly looks distended.

If this rabbit is eating and drinking, and doesn't have a ditended belly, definitely do the tummy massages and get some apple and give to this bunny. The apple will help her poop.

Latest posts

Back