Bloat?! BABY NEEDS HELP!!! - RIP Max

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried stimulating him with a warm wet rag to get him to poo? It's not guaranteed to work, but worth a try. The warmth might feel good too.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed :pray:

yeah, im trying the warm cotton wool stuff. is there anything else i can try, its tummy is getting uncomfortable again, the gas is starting to build up. If only there was a milk of mangnesia for rabbits eh?

How is the baby?

Peg

Baby is looking good. I've called him max. The vet said it was a little boy, and I already knew if it was a boy i'd call him Max :). He still has some gas, but he's not as bad as he was. A good run round the rug gets his guts going and he seems better after, a lot more comfortable and will lie still and rest :). I've been belly rubbing him too, which he seems to like.

Hopefully he's gunna keep getting better and better :) Fingers Crossed!

You can give him tiny drops of simethicone. Not sure if your vet suggested it. It works for gas pretty quickly. Just a drop at a time, a couple times a day if he has gas.
Poor Max! Everyday he gets through makes him that much stronger! GO MAX GO!!!!

:bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance:

Does Simethicone have a UK "version"? Both my mum and I haven't heard of it. If anyone knows what it is/where we can get some, ill go for some tomorrow :).

He's getting plenty of little kisses. He's such a fighter!

EDIT: I found its UK name - Simeticone. I've found a baby solution, Infacol - http://www.infacol.co.uk/ Is this the stuff?

Sorry, could not get the link to work for me. They call them baby drops for gas. Your pharmacist would know. Generally not expensive and effective to dissapate gas throughout the gut. They sell it without prescription here.

I don't know exactly what is wrong with the baby, and I would defer to your vet's opinion... but I would have thought your vet would suggest it if gas was the problem.

Are you still giving him glucose drops? Is momma still nursing him? Have you checked Splat to make sure she doesn't have mastitis? (Are any of her nipples warm or hard to the touch?) Just making sure her milk isn't making him sick...

The vet said he had gas; but she said we could either give him injections or put him to sleep! She didnt tell us anything else! So we had to opt for the really expensive injections to keep him going. He has the glucose solution every day, but not as much as she said on that first night. The vet didnt tell me anything that i found out on here, like the belly massages and stuff. ...

Splat's good, all her nipples look okay, and they're not hard or hot, just nice and warm like the rest of her. She's okay in herself too, so we're not worried about her.

I dont know why the link doesnt work, it does when i search it in google. Its meant to stop colic in babies. It gets rid of gas, and is Simeticone. I'm pretty sure thats the stuff.

It sounds like the same stuff... for colic in babies... that will work. Just a drop or two, twice a day.

Bad news I'm afraid:

"I have some very sad news. He had 2 feeds last night but unfortunately he died during the night. I found him this morning, and I'm pretty sure he got bloat after his feed. He had the infacol and everything just in case, but it didnt work.

I'm so sad; i was looking forward to a lovely christmas with him.

I'll love you forever Max!

Mummy xx"

From this thread: http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=30000&forum_id=8&page=3

Mom Splat is still doing well as far as I know.

--Dawn

Aww...I somehow missed that whole thread, though I'm not sure why...

Hugs and love to you, ghostbusterbunny..

Binky free, little Max...

Back