Bloat?! BABY NEEDS HELP!!! - RIP Max

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostbusterbunny

Reaction score
I've just got home and i've found my baby bunny squeaking and in general distress!. It has a hard belly kind of, feels like its full of gas or something. the baby is really restless, its scratching the cloth its on at the moment. My mum has set off home so we can get it seen to, is there anything i can do to make it more comfortable? It's going to wear itself out before we can even get to the vets at this rate!

Could it be that it is not releasing it's urine? Try taking a luke warm damp cloth and runing it from top to bottom of the stomach to encourage it to wee. Maybe mum doesn't realise that she is supposed to do that.

this is the newborn? How many days old is it?

First, keep it warm. That's the best advice I have. Do you have a call into the vet's office? how long will it take to get there?

Flashy wrote:
Could it be that it is not releasing it's urine? Try taking a luke warm damp cloth and runing it from top to bottom of the stomach to encourage it to wee. Maybe mum doesn't realise that she is supposed to do that.
GOOD idea. Could need to poo also. Warm wash and warm towel or something - NOT TOO WARM.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Flashy wrote:
GOOD idea. Could need to poo also. Warm wash and warm towel or something - NOT TOO WARM.
Run a bowl of water or something, and test it with your elbow, like you would with a baby, and if it doesn't feel hot or cold to your elbow, it should be ok.

It's had a wee, but no poo. I've been doing the wet cloth thing for 20 mins now, and it's only had one wee. Its still squeaking and teeth grinding. my mum will be home in 15 mins and it will take 5 to get to the vets. Please dont let it be something serious! I cant lose this baby. Its too precious to me!

Keep doing the cloth. The poo will only look like teeny tiny black dots, not like poo as we know it. Try doing it on different areas of the tummy, donw the sides, etc. The fact it's had a wee is good.

Hold on baby Splat!

I'm not sure what they could do :(

Are you sure that it's in pain, as opposed to just being very awake? any chance he could be injured somewhere else? Like maybe been trodden on by mum?

If it's all alone, it could be she just fed it and it's full, and it's lonely/cold.

Where are they kept? is it warm there?

Back