Blister on bunny testicale? Worried and in need of some advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bun75

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Yesterday in the evening I noticed something on my bunny's testicale edge that looks like a small blister, but I am not sure if it is something abnormal and I do not want to overpanic and stress my bunny out by dragging him to the vet over nothing, especially as he is behaving otherwise normally and he has just been to the vet around two months ago for a regular check-up.

I have attached two pictures to this post and I would be extremely grateful on whether or not this appears to be normal or if any of you perhaps have experienced this before, if it is in fact not normal.

For some additional context my little boy is not castrated and he occassionally humps his favourite blushy so maybe it does not only look like a blister, but is in fact an actual blister from friction, and if so, maybe I should remove the blushy for a few days to see what happens? In addition, only one of his testicales is visible as the other appears to be inside of his body, which is also one of the reasons why I did not castrate him back in the day due to the potentially greater risk of complications after consulting with my vet.

Thank you all in advance for your time and once again I am grateful for any input as this has been troubling me since yesterday a lot since I am constantly worried that it could be some sort of cancerous growth or infection.

240674247_306898187902615_4667177559226300192_n.jpg240448194_1160204221126028_3452107965377100696_n.jpg

Last edited:
Im sorry but i dont see anthing but a normal looking bunny ball in those photos. Can you try for a better lit clearer photo?

Thank you very much for the response and you are actually not wrong! I ended up going to the vet yesterday and nothing is actually wrong with him. It turns out I was just not aware of what healthy rabbit balls should look like and when I noticed it the other night I got spooked for no reason. I must admit I did not expect for rabbit balls to look a bit funky, but I guess I learnt something new 😅

Rabbits have very strange funny shaped bits compared to other animals so lots of people tend to panic when they see them especially when a lot of buns suck them up when they are picked up so owners dont see them that often and when they do heres this strange tumor looking thing.

Rabbits have very strange funny shaped bits compared to other animals so lots of people tend to panic when they see them especially when a lot of buns suck them up when they are picked up so owners dont see them that often and when they do heres this strange tumor looking thing.

It sure made me panic haha! However, it definitely was an educational experience and in the end I am just really happy that all of this ended with my little boy being absolutely fine and healthy! 😁

Back