Blind Dogs with Diabetes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinnabun

Reaction score
hey y'all.. i was just wondering if any of youknow anything abotu Blind Dogs with Diabetes.. my Grandparnets dog hasDiabetes and they recently found out she is blind.. (it happend lastweekend i believe) and she wanted me to find more info about that. andi just joined a yahoo group.. but i hate how i have to wait to beapproved. but yeah any info, links, anything would be MUCH help..thankyou

i'm not sure yet.. i don't think so..
i think thats why my Grandma wanted me to find out mor about it. do you think it could be because of the Inclin? (sp)

Yes, unfortunately, diabetes can cause (amongother things) visual impairment and blindness. Glaucoma is one possibleissue, as well as nerve damage (neuropathy) in the eyes. It's not theinsulin that's the problem, it's the disease itself. My dad is a Type Idiabetic.

Oh wow, how weird!
I recently had a dog with diabetes, who turned blind also.
We had to give her shots, I think twice a day, and go to the vet and have her blood taken to check it.

Dogs are prettydarn adaptable, and I've heard of many, many dogs that have adjusted toblindness just fine :)

okay thanks.. i just knwo they were thinkingabout putting her down.. and she's such a great dog, adn they just LOVEher. i dont think they will because of how much they love her. i knowthey will be willing to do anything for her..
i just wonder how well my dog will be around her.. my dog and their dog just LOVE each other.

My dog did very well after being blind for awhile, and finding her way around.
But after some time, it did progress worse and we couldn't do anything about it, so we ended up putting her down.
I do hope everything goes well with yours.

Latest posts

Back