Blessing of the Animals - Feast of St Francis

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bun Slave

Reaction score
This weekend a number of Anglican (and sometimes Catholic) churches hold special events where pets can go for blessings. If you have a sick or injured bunny who you think might be up for it you should see what is in your area. Healthy bunnies as well!

I'm not religious but I've always thought they were a kind and special way for owners to show they love their pets.

If you're interested, I'd google a search string like - +2011 "feast of st francis" animals - and add in your city/area. Many events are happening this weekend.

Here's a little history on the event: http://www.americancatholic.org/features/francis/blessing.asp

:brownbunny:

I used to do that. One note though the blessing is for all animals so if you're taking a prey animals (rabbits, guinea pigs, birds etc) a hard carrier is necessary that the priest can easily reach into without the animal getting out. There will be big dogs there and they are not always well mannered so make sure your pets are safe and respect others animals.

They are certainly great fun though and a fantastic way to meet other pet owners in the area.

Latest posts

Back