blepharitis????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doublebunnylove

Reaction score
I took my 2 year old Bentley to the vet the other day to the vet for an eye infection. but he seemed to be doing fine with the infection but after the 3 day for medication he has started acting funny like always has his back to me. He isnt playing as much with his bun wife, and sleeping a lot more latley.

So i dont konw if i am being crazy overly concernd mother but i dont know what to do? please help

As a human I have blepharitis. I had itchy, irritated eyes that would well up with stinking pain and tear randomly throughout the day. When I got a new eye doctor he figured it out.

I have to use drops once a day (although really I only use every other) and I have to wash my eyelashes with baby shampoo.

It's likely he is just grumpy about the extra fuss. I get the butt for a day or two after nail clippings, butt gland cleaning or a wash if he gets into something dirty (like a jar of jelly this one time).

Yeah he just seems to be upset with me his bun wife lucy has been giving him kisses and cleaing him non stop since he has gotten home from the vet. I just hope he doesnt think i am going to hurt him every time i take him out. ( just cause he hates taking the oral medication and i have to hold him firmer than what he is used to.

doublebunnylove wrote:
Yeah he just seems to be upset with me his bun wife lucy has been giving him kisses and cleaing him non stop since he has gotten home from the vet. I just hope he doesnt think i am going to hurt him every time i take him out. ( just cause he hates taking the oral medication and i have to hold him firmer than what he is used to.
---hi.abbi,-i have questions-as there isn,t much info to go on..-what info/meds did the vet give you.??-and what is bently,s diet..??---as i am disabled i must be tearse ,sorry--sincerely james waller:big wink::p

well they gave me Meloxicam (.2 ml every 24 hours) and then ciprofloxacin ( one drop in each eye every 12 hours) and then we have some cream for his hock sores. the Meloxicam is honey flavor but he really doesnt like it at all he make a face like its to bitter.

you could try mixing it in with some fruit flavored baby food to mask the taste if he's putting up a fight over it :)

Heck, I get the butt if Becky doesn't get 30 minutes of uninterrupted time per day (if the other hand pets her husbunny the time is void).

So I am not shocked he is a bit short with you over the medicine. Just tell him it is for his own good and dose away. I'm glad his bunwife is taking good care of him as well.

Latest posts

Back