bleeding 29 hours after kindling

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Pamela ,

I dont think Bleeding this long after isnormal . is she bleeding a lotor just a little ? You may wantto concider ringing the Vet upand asking . I wish I had moreto help You .

It's not uncommon to pass some blood, even a daylater. However, this can also be an indication of a retainedkit. You may want to take her to the vet to have her checked.

Pam

no not a lot just a few spotsshe seemsfine i have cleaned out tray again just to see if there isanymore thats's what the vet said if it still happening in anhour then ring back

A small amount is generally not aconcern. I do palpate the does to be certain they are notretaining a kit after kindling.

Pam

Actually, does retaining kits may not show anysigns and may eat and drink normally. The kit may mummify orthe doe may develop a fatal infection. I would palpate herabdomen just to be on the safe side (a retained kit can easily bedetected as a large, hard lump).

Pam

That good news Pam!

You can upload photos from your harddrive or from a website that allows remote hosting.

The "insert image" button can be used to post a photo with a websiteurl or use the "Browse" option below the window of the box when you areposting.

Pam

Latest posts

Back