Bladder stones

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feather78

Reaction score
I know there was just a post on this a week or so ago, but I have a question. My bunny is at the vet today getting a urinalysis and x-rays. He had blood in his pee three times over the past two months. We went on Friday, and the vet said his bladder was about the size of a grape and felt fine. Today she said his bladder was smaller, and she could feel some firm spots in it, which she said could be bladder stones, but she would have to do the x-rays to find out. So, my question is, if he does have stones, should he have the surgery? The vet said that some bunnies do not do very well with that type of surgery, so I am nervous. I really know nothing about bladder stones except what I read in the other thread. I am really hoping that he is fine. :/

Never mind, no stones! Waiting for the results of the urinalysis, hopefully he is fine. I tried to delete the first post, but it said I couldn't, so I figured I would just post an update.

Glad there are no stones. Did the vet determine if he is having urinary tract infections, or something, that's causing the blood?

Latest posts

Back