Bladder sludge

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyandparsley7

Reaction score
How long does it take for bladder sludge to clear up? I changed his diet to no pellets and more greens as well as more exercise. It's been about a week and it still looks the same.

It completely depends on the rabbit. What greens are you feeding? What hay are you feeding? What pellets had you been giving him? How much exercise is he getting? Is it being manually expressed at all? Were there x-rays done to see the severity of it?

She said it was a really mild case so nothing but to stop feeding pellets ( they were straight Timothy) and what I said above. He will only eat romaine, parsley and once a week gets kale. He has unlimited Timothy hay and free roams for the most part and runs most of the night. He has a large cage for when I'm working.

What is bladder sludge? It sounds like you're taking care of him okay :ponder:

Kale and parsley are higher in calcium. Maybe try more romaine and less/or no parsley and kale for a few days, to see if it makes any difference. The extra moisture in the romaine should help as well.

I think I shared some links with you on some things you can try to help with bladder sludge, as well as the calcium levels in certain veggies.

Yes you did thanks! I just wasn't sure if there was a typical length of time that it went away or anything.

Back