Black nail?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chantiepants

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just noticed that one of my bunnies nails is a darkish/black colour. Its also thicker and more rough than all the others (his other ones are a light whiteish colour) what could this be? Should I be worried?
TIA

What colour is your rabbit's fur? Some rabbits have both light and dark coloured nails which usually correlates to fur colour. The other alternative is that the nail is damaged or bruised. Does it hurt your bunny when you touch it or the toe? Most nail injuries heal pretty well by themselves, however if the toe is looking swollen or injured you might need to make a visit to the vet.

:yeahthat: It might have been damaged, or it's just naturally like that. Rabbits can have all light, dark, or mixed nails.

My bunny is s very light colour like in my photo.. It doesn't hurt him when I touch it but it's definitely bigger than the others.

Yes it ended up being hard dirt. I filed his nail and it came straight off. Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back