Black Friday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadeIcing

Reaction score
I work black friday but to top it off I work tonight doing prep for it. I work 6pm till atleast 2am. Than Friday I work 4:45am till 2:15pm. :shock:7am till 3pm Saturday, than 5am-1:30pm on Sunday supposedly have to work Monday which SHOULD be my day off.... Yea not happening right now I would have tomorrow off and wouldn't have another day off till the following Friday. There are kids on here so I can't say what I think.

I think I can read between the lines. :) That really sux. Do u work at a department store so u can take advantage of the deals???

Yay for retail. *sarcasm*

My mom works for Walmart and has had to work every Black Friday and the day after Christmas (and usually Christmas night setting up) every year for 15+ years. She's very happy this year because she managed to get this Saturday off.

Fancy, they usually aren't allowed to do any purchasing until their shift is over. When I lived at home my mom would write down what she wanted, and I'd go in and buy it for her. It meant I bought my Christmas presents for myself a few times, especially in college when I needed appliances and stuff, but I'm still using that $5 toaster from ten years ago so I can't complain!

Alica, we don't have Black Friday in Canada :p

A few years ago when I was MGR at McD's I had to work Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day. I was not happy. This year they are opening from 11am to 7pm on Christmas!!! Glad that I'm on Holidays that week 'cause I wouldn't want to be there.

I think it's crazy, all the things that are open on the holidays now. I feel badly for the people who are denied spending the holiday with their loved ones.

My job is usually not busy on Black Friday, but we're required to be there anyway. The work is slow, no one wants to be there, it makes for a really long day.

Every year, my mom wants to spend that day with me, and every year I have to remind her I haven't had that day off in 10 years.

My work is open Black Friday too, but a lot of people get half days. Not my lousy dept though, not anymore :(
I am taking the day off this year. First time I've taken black Friday off.

My work is open Black Friday but were a feed store, so prob won't be busy at all. lol

I refuse to leave my house if I can get away with it during Black Friday.

Well all I have to say is Bless your heart to anyone who works that day. I know its crazy here women fighting in the isles for the last whatever. It is quite comical if nothing else. So Good Luck tomorrow!!!

fuzz16 wrote:

Ditto ;) I've already done some shopping, but do most of my shopping online.

My daughter made an excellent Black Friday buy a couple years ago - she bought a Jeep LOL

I can do without the mayhem ofBlack Friday.

Pam

I usually stay home, but last year I went to the mall on the spur of the moment. I had seen an ad for Macy's on TV for a great deal on a bracelet that I knew my mom would love. The things we do for mom!

Tomorrow I am going up to Jacksonville for a bunny date.

It sucks that all of you have to work on BF. :-( We're shopping, but if it's hectic shopping, imagine what it's like for the workers!

pamnock wrote:
fuzz16 wrote:

Ditto ;)  I've already done some shopping, but do most of my shopping online.

My daughter made an excellent Black Friday buy a couple years ago - she bought a Jeep LOL

I can do without the mayhem of Black Friday.

Pam

I am tucked away nice and safe in my house, far away from the madness.

I worked retail in the 90's, in a mall, and the tradition was just beginning to escalate back then.

There are some good deals online, too, and the "virtual" crowd is all I can handle. :p

My first black friday working at Toys R Us (years ago when PS2 first came out) we had to go outside and pass out milk and poptarts to all the people waiting in line at 4am! The people weren't even grateful. They were arguing over which flavor they wanted! Then I spent my day running cash drops and change for the cashiers. I had to wear this huge money belt that had to weigh 40lbs. Nope don't miss retail at all.

Oh and the people that fight over toys, we had a man get totally trampled over a pokemon watch.

Becknutt wrote:
Oh and the people that fight over toys, we had a man get totally trampled over a pokemon watch.
Don't forget the poor Walmart employee trampled to death last year in the frenzied Black Friday crowd. :(

I have a problem supporting all the shopping hype, when things like this happen. It brings out a bad side of people. Adult people fighting over toys, and trampling other people? Saving a few dollars isn't worth that.

BethM wrote:
Becknutt wrote:
Don't forget the poor Walmart employee trampled to death last year in the frenzied Black Friday crowd. :(

I have a problem supporting all the shopping hype, when things like this happen. It brings out a bad side of people. Adult people fighting over toys, and trampling other people? Saving a few dollars isn't worth that.
Thats really sad.

Here we have Boxing day sales the day after xmas. Everyone goes crazy too but its a bit more organized at the stores. People line up super early and some stores hand out numbers so you don't have to wait in line the whole time. Which is good since Dec 26th in canada is FREEZING!, especially at 3am! Then they let a certain amount of people in the stores at a time, so the stores aren't flooded with people squishing each other. They also list how many of certain items each store has (50 32"tvs).

We usually go out to boxing day sales if we need electronics, other wise its not really worth it. Its kind of my dad and brother's "thing" to do together. They get up super early and sit outside in the cold in the middle of the night,lol. Men and their bonding, lol.

We have boxing day too, but no way near anything as hardout sounding as you guys. Also boxing days round some of the hottest times of the year so many stay away. Andbecause we like to drag our sales on (boxing day sales last 4ish days) somany just tend to go in the day after. I remember when I was in Sydney on boxing day we went into the city and I qued 2 hours to buy all my stuff from Myer, andI had my 6yr old cousin on my back in the ergo (baby carrier) so she wouldn't get lost and trampled :S That was enough for me lol.

Latest posts

Back