Black, blue, or lilac?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slleavy

Reaction score
Out of curiousity/fun… Can anyone tell what coloring my lionhead is? Someone told me black Japanese harlequin. But I was looking at the pictures online at the American harlequin rabbit club site and they all look so similar! http://www.americanharlequinrabbitclub.com/Color.html
I know it can be hard to tell from pictures b/c the coloring can look a bit off though. (I don’t know anything of his background parent-wise, etc.) He is definitely fawn and not like the deeper orange ones on the website. I don’t know how to tell how dark would be considered black. I would think it would be either black, blue, or lilac as opposed to brown. His belly has some white, but I’m pretty sure that does not make him a magpie. Maybe I’m just missing something and this is obvious? :p Thanks for any opinions/information! Here are some pictures c:
ced3.jpg

IMG_4268.jpg

ced.jpg

The white belly is normal for a Japanese (due to the agouti gene, and is not considered a DQ).

He looks blue to me in the photo, but I notice that he has a brown eye. He may just be a faded black/orange. It would be helpful if you could have a judge or registrar at a show take a look at him in person.

thanks for your ideas! actually the first pic of him which is closer up the flash was on by accident. i will look for a better pic of his eye or take a new one and try to post it asap :)

Latest posts

Back