Black, blue, or lilac?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slleavy

Reaction score
Out of curiousity/fun… Can anyone tell what coloring my lionhead is? Someone told me black Japanese harlequin. But I was looking at the pictures online at the American harlequin rabbit club site and they all look so similar! http://www.americanharlequinrabbitclub.com/Color.html
I know it can be hard to tell from pictures b/c the coloring can look a bit off though. (I don’t know anything of his background parent-wise, etc.) He is definitely fawn and not like the deeper orange ones on the website. I don’t know how to tell how dark would be considered black. I would think it would be either black, blue, or lilac as opposed to brown. His belly has some white, but I’m pretty sure that does not make him a magpie. Maybe I’m just missing something and this is obvious? :p Thanks for any opinions/information! Here are some pictures c:
ced3.jpg

IMG_4268.jpg

ced.jpg

The white belly is normal for a Japanese (due to the agouti gene, and is not considered a DQ).

He looks blue to me in the photo, but I notice that he has a brown eye. He may just be a faded black/orange. It would be helpful if you could have a judge or registrar at a show take a look at him in person.

TinysMom wrote:
what about tort harlequin?
I don't think it appears to be an ej e - which could cause some smokey blue shading, but would still show some black.

thanks for your ideas! actually the first pic of him which is closer up the flash was on by accident. i will look for a better pic of his eye or take a new one and try to post it asap :)

Back