Black and small

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nataliemn

Reaction score
guys my rabbit still started to poop small black poos, he poops like that when im giving him greens and fruits, should i stop fir a week and let him eat just hay? Is it normal?

Attachments

• 3F7FA2FF-637B-4D52-A295-A98EE88EFB07.jpeg
    3F7FA2FF-637B-4D52-A295-A98EE88EFB07.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 12
One Veterinarian sad that it could be lambliosis, one sad that it cant be cause during it poo should be yellow... im going to laboratory tomorrow, im so worried and cant stop crying

Smaller poos is nothing to get all worried about. It is just a matter of figuring out the cause. You already said it happens when you give him greens and fruits, so that is your starting point. I wouldn't go running to the lab right away. Cut those greens and fruit out and let his poos return to normal. Then slowly add greens back in to see if it starts to happen again.

The way to be a detective about it is to be sure you only give one type of green at a time. Start slow with a little each day and gradually increase - always looking for a change in poos. If you see he is doing fine with a particular green over several days, great. Then you can move on to a different type. If you find one that starts to cause issues, stop feeding it and let his poos return to normal before trying something else.

Don't offer more than one type and don't offer fruit when going through this process. Wait til you've seen how the greens are. Fruit is a treat only and isn't even necessary by any means.

If cutting out the greens and fruits doesn't get his poos back to normal, then you can consider other possibilities.

(What is his age again?)

Last edited:
Smaller poos is nothing to get all worried about. It is just a matter of figuring out the cause. You already said it happens when you give him greens and fruits, so that is your starting point. I wouldn't go running to the lab right away. Cut those out and let his poos return to normal. Then slowly add greens back in to see if it starts to happen again.

The way to be a detective about it is to be sure you only give one type of green at a time. Start slow with a little each day and gradually increase - always looking for a change in poos. If you see he is doing fine with a particular green over several days, great. Then you can move on to a different type. If you find one that starts to cause issues, stop feeding it and let his poos return to normal before trying something else.

Don't offer more than one type and don't offer fruit when going through this process. Wait til you've seen how the greens are. Fruit is a treat only and isn't even necessary by any means.

If cutting out the greens and fruits doesn't get his poos back to normal, then you can consider other possibilities.

(What is his age again?)
Thank you thank you thank you

My doe has droppings like that pretty often. She eats a ton of greens -- I put out a heaping human-sized plate of veggies twice a day, and she eats well over half of each with the buck eating the rest -- so it might be related. She's just never been a hay eater, and I took her off pellets, and, well... she really, really likes to eat.

When I see it, it's always short-term (intra-day), and droppings always return to normal size.

Latest posts

Back