biting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thuruz

Reaction score
Hello Everyone
I'm new to the bunny owner world, my bunny is a 6 months old mini lop, and I've had her for around 1 and a half month now. And she is adorable!! Helicopter ears and cuteness written all over her.

So as a new bunny owner I tend to google EVERYTHING behaviour related that she does :p one site says this, and another site says that.

So almost every evening I sit infront of her cage, she jumps out of it and lies down in my lap, i pet her and shes just lies there enjoying things... once in a while she jumps into her cage and then back out of it and lies back onto my lap. then she jumps in her cage again, jumps out of it and bites me. well, my clothes... never bare skin. sometimes it hurts. she bites mt arm and my belly, and then she goes and licks my face all over,

Well sometimes she is running around,,, then she runs to me where I sit,, and licks me everywhere she can reach and then goes back to running around.. then comes back, licks me and back to playing...

But why does she bite? she is not trying to get away from me and I don't think i'm doing anything wrong

There is a difference between a nip and a bite. Nips are often intended to communicate. Perhaps she thinks you aren't understanding her body language. If that's the case, a refresher on bunny body language may help. She may also be trying simply to get to your skin and those clothes are in her way. It sounds like she is trying to get those clothes out of the way. A high-pitched yelp from you when she does that may teach her that that isn't good to do.

Bites are a different matter and a rare -- except perhaps in intact rabbits. Is your girl spayed?
The fact that she willingly hops on your lap is a very good thing and makes me think that you are dealing with nips. Not all rabbits will willingly just hop onto a lap, so your rabbit seems to be doing great with you.

She's nipping, no blood is being drawn

I've made plans next week to take her to the wet and get her spayed, that is one thing I've been googeling alot! but I don't seem to find anything about character changes to spayed female bunnies. They do have a longer life after spaying but will she get calmer? She is potty trained, But we've had accidents, and mostly when she is in a bed or in a sofa she just pees. my duvet seems to be a very nice place to pee on :/

But yes, she really likes to just be in my lap, i never force her to come to me or force her to stay there. she is able to jump on and off my lap as she pleases

Latest posts

Back